Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 4-3 in SO
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 01:18 AM
ToeDrag83
5-14-6-1

vCash: 500
I thought Nail actually had a really poor game. Awful giveaways, forgiven mostly because you expect that from a rookie. But in the offensive zone and on the PP, I don't think I've seen someone with his caliber of shot pass up on so many one-time opportunities. Whitney had a **** game also, but he was laying them on a platter for Yak.

An amazing shift in the 3rd by Nail. And it should've been rewarded with more shifts for so many reasons:

1. Kid's having a tough night overall, you have to let him try to rectify.
2. Confidence building will happen when a coach positively reinforces efforts like that shift.
3. The guy was selected 1st overall because he's a game-changer. And if he was sent out even once more after that shift, he would've shown why.

Definition of sitting back. Threat player like Nail gets leashed in OT and the 3rd while ace snipers like Tommy Wigglytuff or whatever the **** his name is, are easing the game past Dubnyk to a 3-3 game and eventual win. I'm shocked we didn't lose in regulation the way we played after Whitney's penalty. Should've iced the game when we ere gifted all those PP's.

Leave it to the Oilers to lose to a team that has 5 ****ing wins in their last 21 games #slumpbusters

Last edited by ToeDrag83: 03-21-2013 at 01:24 AM.
ToeDrag83 is offline   Reply With Quote