View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Primrose Everdeen
The Shermanator

vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
I just ordered a pair of their house brand inline skates for skating around with my dog and maybe some street hockey or general crossover practice, etc. to improve my skating as a referee on ice.

Not really expecting much out of them but I'll let you guys know what I think of them once I get them. Will probably replace the wheels on the with a harder durometer (depending on what they ship with, they say they come with "outdoor" wheels but who knows) and a slightly rockered setup, maybe a 74-76-76-74.
I still don't know what the durometer was for the wheels they came with, but they're complete trash. They had no grip on smooth surfaces whatsoever, which I guess is understandable if they're "outdoor" wheels, but then they got practically destroyed trying them on rougher but still relatively "smooth" surfaces like unsealed concrete. Went to complete hell when I took them into the street on the tarmac. That said, a set of hard durometer replacement wheels is like $20 shipped so it's not that big of a deal.

The boot fit feels pretty good after a relatively short break-in time and they're nice and lightweight. Good purchase for what I use them for, not sure if I'd want to play competitive inline hockey with them, but I'll never find out since I prefer ice and don't really touch inline.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote