View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 02:49 AM
RedWingsNow*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger10 View Post
I'd like to see them go after Marian Gaborik ,Drew Stafford, Alexander Semin, or Bobby Ryan. 1 or 2 of these guys would be fantastic and make us a lot deeper. We have guys we can get rid of to make room (Cleary, Bertuzzi, Sammy, Eaves, Miller, Emmerton...) I wouldn't be upset to see a prospect or two and or a pick or two to land a big producing forward or two like these.
Semin is a UFA who currently makes $7.6M a year. Why would Carolina move him anyway? They're in the thick of the playoff race and just two points out of the division lead.

Ryan...Lordy. He's only 26. He's a big, talented forward with 4 straight 30+ goal seasons to his name. It's hard to imagine that we have the bluechip prospect we'd need to trade for him.

Now Gaborik... I can see. He's only 31. He's super expensive and the Rangers are going to need to cut salary.

On the other hand, he's 31--and if we have to trade Tatar and Sproul... I for a guy who's 31...that's a big price, considering the age of the rest of our better players.

I'd consider trading Franzen + Andersson or Aubrey and a 2nd for Gaborik. But even then, while Gaborik makes us better than Franzen, IMO, Gaborik costs $7.5M

So essentially, he costs us Franzen + Flip.

Stafford? They should give this guy away after his last couple years. I'd take him -- but only if we shipped out a forward from our roster.