View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:13 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
So what you are really saying is given the current conditions, Pens are considering Bennett a roster player and have taken him off the table? Sounds like a good way to skirt the issue. However I'll play along even though we've avoided the point.

I'd have to think as a Flames fan that he would be consider him one of the key parts of a deal. We all don't want to give up our best prospect. Bennett I think most consider still a prospect. Van doesn't want to give up Kassian and Boston doesn't want to give up Spooner or Khohklachev.

From the B's, anyone of our prospects is available as part of the deal and before anyone wants to make a stipulation about it, no Dougie is not a prospect. He's played every game for the Bruins thus far while being a top four DMan and playing consistently on the PP.
Morrow is actually considered a top 25 prospect and is ranked higher than Bennett in almost every prospect ranking out there. In my opinion it is between Morrow, Despres, and Pouliot on who our best prospect is. The biggest reason why we want to keep Bennett is because he is the only good offensive prospect we have. Even though Morrow, Pouliot, or even Maatta may be the better player, we can deal them and not create a huge hole in our prospect pool.