View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:43 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
Frankly if there's a year where players should participate its this year, Doughty got himself known to the Team Canada brass and it would have been hard to imagine him not making the Olympic team without playing in the worlds.

HC needs to make it known that participation in this year's tournament will play a role in whether your in the running to make the Olympic squad. If your injured then you have to show proof to HC. Honestly i'm surprised i haven't seen Don cherry blasting players for not playing for their nation ( i know NA doesn't treat it seriously) but yeah still a surprise.

Any Ideas for the management I was thinking
GM: Steve Yzerman
Head Coach: Lindy Ruff
Assistant Coach: Paul Maurice
Assistant Coach: Brandon Sutter

If (I'm a Sens Homer) the Sens don't advance it would be cool if Paul McLean would be part of the coaching staff.
No, the management team for the WHC was put in place well over a year ago and it includes Kevin Lowe and Dave Nonis along with Doug Armstrong and a few other Hockey Canada people...they report to Steve Yzerman. HC linked the two, the WHC team and the Olympic team with hopes of fewer players rejecting invitations to the WHC when there are obvious Olympic considerations up for discussion. Last year was the first year of this so called link and they sent a young, but a good team that should have played for a medal. They were well on their way and looking good to do just that until an unfortunate Getzlaf brain cramp in the 1/4 final. This year I doubt they get very few refusals. (or at least that's my hope)

As for Head Coach. I'm betting the Tampa Bay coach gets the nod. It's safe to say the bolts are not making the POs this year and I think a Head Coach will be named well in advance to give him some time to think about possible rosters. And from the lists we are putting up there are some good rosters that can be assembled so long as players for once have an inclination to play....If I were HC, that's exactly what I would do...plus I'd use the full 25 player roster by flying in a few names (particurally on defense) once the first rd. of the POs are done. i.e. if St. Louis is eliminated, then Pietroangelo is brought in. Hockey Canada has refused in years past to use the 25 player roster.

Last edited by Mr Writer: 03-21-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote