View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I am getting tired of seeing this guy in every trade proposal. Friedman said teams respect him for playing through pain after coming back. Discussion should be around how much he gets extended for this summer.

He has been one of the best forwards at even strength (has as many points as Giroux ES) and if the second PP unit wasn't completely lost, his point totals would be up there.

"10. Boy, do teams love what Matt Read is doing right now, coming back to help the Flyers even though he is clearly in pain. Talk about gaining respect."
I would agree with you except I think Read would have big value at this deadline. Every playoff team could fit his salary into this and next years cap. His versatility is off the charts something every playoff team would want and is a big reason to keep him. He would be like Versteeg with a better contract which makes him more valuable with the cap dropping. Flyers gave a 1st and 3rd for Versteeg. I think they could receive more for Read. A 1st plus a good prospect isn't that crazy of a possibility, something like Clendening + 1st from Chicago. If that's the case you almost have to take it, especially with a due a big raise the same year the Flyers have to sign Giroux, B. Schenn, and Couturier plus replace Timonen.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote