View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 08:03 AM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
The MO to beat the hawks still remains; big, physical, highly skilled teams/ Fortunately for us there are very few such teams in the league.

You watch Duck players skate without fear behind our net because they know it almost has to be an accident for a hawk to even bump in to them...we actually try to avoid contact most of the time. I have to laugh at the "hist" night in and night out. Last night 37-22 ANA? Maybe in 2 hand touch but in the game I watched it was easily 3, maybe 4 to 1 Ducks.

All that said, the hawks can certainly play with them and any team in this league. We are built to win in a completely different manner than most teams which, in a night in night out basis drives everyone easl batty.

Get some rest boys, you deserve it!
Yup, this team still has trouble if the other team can consistently get the puck down behind the goal line (similar to what Phoenix did last year). Of course, the three teams that are the scariest in this regard are Anaheim/LA/Boston who are also the three biggest perceived roadblocks to get through this year.

On the flip side, unless the Hawks get really worn down over a seven game series, they still seem so much better than everyone 5 on 5 that barring some 2012-esque Crawford goaltending (or some 2013-esque faceoffs am I right?) its going to be extremely tough to win 4/7 against them.