View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I have nothing against Bouillon. He's actually really decent this year. My problem is that, we're already done with our D's for next year 'cause people needs to know this....Bouillon has not been signed already so that the Habs are securing their #7 spot. They are actually signing him so he'd play. So unless they have other plans for a guy like Diaz....our D is set. And that's my problem. 'Cause it doesn't give Tinordi a spot. It also doesn't force Bergevin to deal for better and tougher D's. I still believe it's a problem. 'Cause even if deals are to be expected.....I mean, Markov isn't going to be traded. You have to hope that neither Subban or Gorges will. Emelin....well he is one of the few physical ones so unless you replace him with a bigger one...I guess he is a potential candidate for trade but what will you get? And then, Diaz and Bouillon....Diaz is not going to get you a lot in return, and Bouillon hasn't been signed that early to get traded.

So nothing against the guy, I actually like to see him that happy and not being too worry about what's happening for him next year and so on....but not sure I like the sign it gives as far as improving ourselves unless.....there will be some trades coming. Yet, I don't see who on D except for Diaz...
I disagree with the following: “... My problem is that, we're already done with our D's for next year 'cause people needs to know this....Bouillon has not been signed already so that the Habs are securing their #7 spot. They are actually signing him so he'd play. So unless they have other plans for a guy like Diaz....our D is set. And that's my problem. 'Cause it doesn't give Tinordi a spot. ...”.

Tinordi brings exactly what we need: a big and physical shutdown D. That’s the only blatant flaw in our D squad. So, based on his solid play thus far and his rare mixture of skills and attributes, I expect him to fight his way, by outplaying Bouillon, in our top 6 during the upcoming season.

That said if during the upcoming games Tinordi clearly shows that another year in the AHL is mandatory, Bergevin has plenty of time (until April 3 and then the whole summer) to acquire a big and tough #6/#7D.

You really think 21 years old (will turn 22 during the upcoming season) Tinordi has zero chance to outplay 37 years old Bouillon (will be 38 in October) in 2013-14? I am a huge fan of Bouillon (solid signing imo) but I expect Tinordi to play 55+ NHL games next season. And if it happens, I don’t expect Bouillon to pout: the guy is a consummate pro.

As BaseballCoach mentioned you don’t give Tinordi a spot: he has to earn it... and I expect him to do it.