View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 09:48 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I disagree with the following: ď... My problem is that, we're already done with our D's for next year 'cause people needs to know this....Bouillon has not been signed already so that the Habs are securing their #7 spot. They are actually signing him so he'd play. So unless they have other plans for a guy like Diaz....our D is set. And that's my problem. 'Cause it doesn't give Tinordi a spot. ...Ē.

Tinordi brings exactly what we need: a big and physical shutdown D. Thatís the only blatant flaw in our D squad. So, based on his solid play thus far and his rare mixture of skills and attributes, I expect him to fight his way, by outplaying Bouillon, in our top 6 during the upcoming season.

That said if during the upcoming games Tinordi clearly shows that another year in the AHL is mandatory, Bergevin has plenty of time (until April 3 and then the whole summer) to acquire a big and tough #6/#7D.

You really think 21 years old (will turn 22 during the upcoming season) Tinordi has zero chance to outplay 37 years old Bouillon (will be 38 in October) in 2013-14? I am a huge fan of Bouillon (solid signing imo) but I expect Tinordi to play 55+ NHL games next season. And if it happens, I donít expect Bouillon to pout: the guy is a consummate pro.

As BaseballCoach mentioned you donít give Tinordi a spot: he has to earn it... and I expect him to do it.
Agreed, the kid HAS to beat one of the 6 regular if he wants a spot on our D squad. Cube will be there nest season, if Tinordi cant play better than him next camp then he doesnt deserve that spot on D (for the time being).