Thread: TSN 1260: What's going on? Part 3
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Truth Movement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
His view is that the Oilers are too soft. Not missing the mark at all with that observation. You tried and still are trying apparently to represent that Spector doesnt think Magnus Paajarvi is worthy/good enough to play anywhere in the lineup on an nhl team.

That simply isnt the case from what I have heard when listening to the show. Again he was questioning the reasoning behind having Paajarvi up with the big team when he wasnt playing. That's it. Despite your cherry picking of tweets and desperate attempts to try and fit a square peg into a round hole.

You like Lowetide, good for you, he has been wrong about pretty much every Oiler player over the last five or six years, so lol @ you trying to pigeon hole Spector (who actually has a real career as a journalist/analyst etc) on Paajarvi.
Yeesh, your posts got weirdly personal attacky. Is this how you "win" arguments on HFBoards?

Anyway, first, I think you don't know the meaning of the term "cherry picking." Posting things the guy said in a public forum, all within chronological order and all within the correct context is not cherry picking by anyone's metrics by yours.

It's cool if you like Spector. Like I said, he's got this sardonic demeanor that can be fun, but then again he gets into all kinds of weird "I don't want Euros in my bottom 6" talk that makes him sound out of touch and xenophobic (the day these Tweets went out, Spec doubled down on that kind of talk on his show - almost like he was trolling people with better sense). I'm not saying "boohoo, Spec doesn't like Paajarvi," it's just that he has a tendancy to be wrong about things.

Not defending Lowetide, like anyone analyzing the team he can be off base, but what are some key players Lowetide has been categorically wrong on?