Thread: Proposal: Philly and Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 09:41 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Let me just address a couple of things to try and help this "discussion".

To those Flyer fans who were upset at the notion that OP was making a joke with this thread- I assure you: he is not joking. In all the encounters I've had with him, and the countless other posts I've read of his I've never once come across anything that even remotely resembles humour. He's serious. Serious as a heart attack, or Asperger's.

Wiercioch is someone I would be reluctant to trade- but I personally believe in developing your own rather swapping to address needs. I know that trades will sometimes really turn the tides in a team's favour, but I've never seen it happen with my team, and that's the constant I'm concerned with.

Having said all that, I completely understand your reluctance to part with Simmonds and Voracek. They are great players, and I hope you understand a Sens fan coveting them.
Part of the reluctance to trade those guys comes from the fact that there's very little to replace them from within the system. Our prospect wing depth is pretty much a joke due to Homer constantly trading picks/prospects over the last 3-4 years, so filling one hole by moving a Simmonds/Voracek just opens up another that's unlikely to be filled anytime soon. Most Flyer fans would be very open to moving a winger if it meant solving some of the puck moving issues on the defense, but there's no one fill that winger's spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Read. I think that's pretty fair though Philly may not need that kind of player
The Flyers don't need another stay at home type that provides very little offense. We already have L. Schenn, Grossman, and Coburn that fill that role.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote