View Single Post
Old
08-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I have a hard time believing TRUE hab fans slam Saku Koivu and his contract.
There was a time when I was so grumpy about Koivu-disrespecting that a thread like this one was a goldmine for adding people to my ignore list. But hey, it's summer, the sun is shining, the humidity is down, and... well, we don't have ignore lists anymore, do we?
Quote:
If Briere and Savard can get $5M a year, I am totally convinced Saku could of gotten more than both of them on the open market, and no here can convince me otherwise.
100% agreed. Now, that said, I do vaguely understand why some posters would want Briere. If he's on the market next summer after a dismal season (I hope he has a dismal season!) and if the cap goes up to the point where we could consider adding him, then I'd certainly be ready to consider it. Not at the expense of Koivu, of course, but Briere has some spunk and zip to his game that I would ultimately take over what Ribeiro brings, even given the cost disparity.

(And of course, all that said, I don't think there is any point in arguing this with any Sabres fans who come along. I wouldn't blame them for wanting to keep their guy too.)

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote