View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 10:15 AM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
You need to accept that Voracek isnt going anywhere. The legit top line player tag on Voracek is premature by most of their fanbase, but he is a player they would be insane to trade at this point. These really young guys that score almost 30 goals(Simmonds) in a season or get close to PPG are very hard to get.

Bishop still hasn't been a starter for an extended period in the NHL, which is why his value isn't great. Also, goalies just arent worth as much as they should be.

Wiercioch has had a good streak, but his defensive play is inconsistent at best. He hasnt played a full season and really isnt going to get the value he commands. He is being a bit underrated at this point, but I think part of that is Sens fans insisting on Philly's best young wingers. They arent happy.
As has been pointed out, the Flyers just don't have the depth at wing to replace any of these guys (Simmonds, Voracek, Read). I would consider trading Hartnell before any of those three. If the Flyers are going to trade a forward for a PMD type guy, I think it much more likely that they would trade a center than a winger.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote