03-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Mostly on the Saginaw Spirit forum.

http://talkspirit.proboards.com/inde...=newestthreads

I did a whole playoff preview on there. I'll repost it below. I'm the only one from Saginaw (other than that nut job Sonny) that really post on here so I mainly stick to posting there.

First Round matchup preview
Opponent- London Knights

Season Series-
L 8-2 @London (Jan 4th)
W 5-2 @home (Jan 12th)
L 3-2 OT @London (Feb 24th)
L 3-2 OT @home (Mar 16th)

Playoff series schedule-
Game 1: @London, Fri. Mar. 22nd, 7:30
Game 2: @London, Sun. Mar. 24th, 2:00
Game 3: Home, Tue. Mar. 26th, 7:11
Game 4: Home, Thurs. Mar. 28th, 7:11
Game 5*: @London, Fri. Mar. 29th, 7:30
Game 6*: Home, Sun. Mar. 31st, 7:11
Game 7*: @London, Tue. Apr. 2nd, 7:00
*=If necessary

Side by side comparison
GF: London-279, Saginaw-250
GA: London-180, Saginaw-264
PP: London-25.1%, Saginaw-17.9%
PK: London-83.2% (10 SHG), Saginaw-77% (16 SHG, Led the league)
PIM: London-1027, Saginaw-1078
Goal Leader: London-Max Domi (39), Saginaw-Eric Locke, Garret Ross (44)
Assist Leader: London-Max Domi, Seth Griffith (48), Saginaw-Eric Locke (57)
Point Leader: London-Max Domi (87), Saginaw-Eric Locke (97)
Plus/Minus Leader: London-Max Domi, Nikita Zadorov (+33), Saginaw-Eric Locke (+37, new Spirit single season record)

Prediction
I think we are even with them in terms of special teams (when you factor in the SHG) and goaltending, but they are clearly deeper than us so this will give them the offensive edge. There are also much better than us on D. This means that we have to capitalize on the few chances we get and limit mental mistakes because London will make you pay for it. That being said, London is not an overly physical team, which helps the Spirit. I think we match up very well with this team. If we can get solid production, a goal a game, from the lower lines, we can make their depth a non point. But getting this from a large group of guys that don't have alot of playoff experience will be a tough task

I'll take London in 7
So with the comparison by numbers and the fact that we are #1 seed and you are the #8 seed you think London in 7? Wow. I honestly think you should be hoping to win a game, never mind be in a close series. There is a reason we (yet again) eclipsed the 50 win mark 100pt mark and it has a lot to do with our depth, but so much more. Last year Houser won us a lot of games. This year we have no Houser, so I'd almost suggest the players are even better. Most returned from the trip to the memorial cup....and they know what it takes to get there again.
Sorry, but I don't agree with your prediction (good for you for being optimistic) and due to that, I also wonder who the nutjob in Saginaw really is