View Single Post
Old
08-04-2006, 09:00 AM
David_99

vCash: 500
I hate Toronto with a passion. I don't know why, I was born a Habs fan but wasn't raised to hate anything. But when I see a leafs fan with an arogant smirk on his face, I just want to smack it off him cause I know he thinks he's for some reason superior to me.

I should despise Boston because all of my uncles on my mother's side are Bruins fans, and groing up they would always make cracks about the habs and say how much the Bruins are better. Of course, this stopped in 93, but I never really held a grudge against them.

I guess it's mostly the style of play that causes the hate. Boston has had a pretty lousy team (along with the habs) for years now. So the games just meant less. Leafs games however, doesn't matter if they play the Habs or not, just seem to play dirty. If a goalie caught the puck, they are the only team to be able to hack him into the net, or hack his hand until the puck comes loose and score, and not only not get a penatly, but have the goal actually count! I swear I try to be as least biased as possible so I watch a leasf game without the habs and they still play dirty. They'll hook someone to the ground and not get called, the other team accidentally runs into one of their players with 3 seconds left before overtime and that team gets a penalty. Toronto scores in OT and acts like they are king s***.

I can't see me ever respecting the leafs. On the other hand, I hate to say this, but with Thornton gone, and Sammy with us, I look at the bruins as a young team with some good players coming up. The hate is not there. You never know, in a few years if they really improve, the rivalry will ignight again, but I think the hate will be replaced by the ever so tiniest bit of respect. Something the leafs could never get from me.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote