Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 4-3 in SO
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 10:53 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Don't understand why Krueger always changes things up in the 3rd period. I get that he might wanna shorten the bench in the 3rd to protect a lead.. but really, did Yakupov or Hartsy do anything to deserve sitting on the bench? Did Smyth do anything to deserve getting extra ice time and 2 shifts in a row? Also that was a pretty stupid penalty by Whitney to take. And don't get me started on Dubnyk. What a horrible horrible game by him.
I don't like it as well, generally I am only in favor of going down to 3 lines if there is catching up to do. IMO this move to play your best players is always a bit risky and I definitely think it is a bad move when the team is in the lead and thus have "control". After 2/3rds of a game where you have managed to control the events to the extent that you are ahead should not be a reason to shake up the lines which made it happen.

edit: Sorry, I actually didn't see this game so I don't know if they did actually play three lines or not in the end or if it was just about double shifting some players (I made the assumption that they went to three lines). Anyway, even if this was only about double shifting players and still playing 4 lines, I don't like shaking things up for the same reasons as I outlined above.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote