View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 11:15 AM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Well I never mentioned Backlund so uhmmm??

Because its just a discussion, no need to get mad. Anyway I think Stempniak is the most likely player to end up in Pitt's probably for a 2nd.

That was my bad ... you said Granlund.

I'm not mad. Just trying to state that Iggy isn't a big need in Pittsburgh. We have other holes to shore up and sending a first in a deep draft, a D prospect and possibly a roster player for a rental is absurd, especially when you need to upgrade on the third line (a guy like Stempy or GlenX could give you flexibility in which they could play either 2nd or third) and a top four D prospect which assuredly would cost a first round pick for starters.

I get it. Calgary fans want to net the most it can for the face of the franchise. Problem is, this should have been done two years ago when he wasn't a rental; he was younger and his value was higher.

The constant selling job by Calgary fans to Pittsburgh fans on why Iggy would be a great fit. Sure, he improves Pittsburgh in areas that the Pens are already strong. I think people would love to have him, but not at the cost that is being speculated. However Pens fans know that Iggy would be a luxury to have, but isn't a big need.