View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 11:21 AM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Some of us see that the best prospect George can draft and develop from a tank job, and any players that he may acquire period, do not give us a greater chance to make the playoffs next year, over the red carpet rolled out for us one last time here in the SouthLeast.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Sarge phone in hand will lead George's charge next year against our old Patrick Division foes. I for one think exactly a year from now, our chances of making the playoffs will be more grim than right now, for George will still be the one pulling the strings.

Tank? Nope, South Least.
Tank, no. Sell, yes. I don't think trading Ribs and others at deadline means giving up on season. Look at OTT. They lost 3 of their superstars, and started playing BETTER. Chemistry, momentum, and team spirit are fickle things. They don't correlate w/ strength of roster on paper.

GMGM should be willing to trade Ribs, Green, Ovie, or anyone else whom another team might be willing to overpay for.

Well, i guess Ovie and his fat contract wouldnt be a typical deadline type deal, but still. We should always be on the lookout for the next Langway-Jarvis-Engblom-Locker deal.

Perhaps nostalgia is getting the better of me, but I preferred both Poile and Murray as team architects to GMGM. They seemed more confident and less CYA-y. Plus i never did like the way GMGM handled Belanger situation. It seemed an indicator of a core dickishness and sneakiness and not even in the service of making the team better.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote