View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Thanks for the kinds words, and I send them back in turn.

I've said an awful lot about the EJ trade, so no need to rehash it here. If he starts putting up 40+ points per season while playing high quality defense, I'll be OK with the trade. Still very expensive, but defensible. Well, maybe not 'OK' with the trade, but I'll be less inclined to ***** about it so much. :-) But at 15-20 points (and zero goals) per season, it's not defensible. Anyway, enough of that.

I see it as a wash, best case scenario. Quincey has his faults, but he'd still easily be a 2nd pairing guy on the Avs right now. In fact, I'd trade any of the 6 regular Avs defensemen not named Johnson for Quincey right here and now. Hejda's probably a better player, but since Hejda is 8 years older than Quincey, I'd even do that one.

In truth, I'm not sure anyone knows what the hell the Avs have in Downie. They're going to wake up for training camp this October - 18 months after getting him in the trade - and only having seen a dozen or so games of him playing healthy. He's a large unknown, IMO.

Nope. I like him, but hope they trade him while his value is at its highest in his career. Easily replaced next season.

Well, I wouldn't want to accuse someone of that, but I'm at a loss to come up with an alternate explanation. His game is simply lame in every aspect. He's skating and handling the puck like an ECHL player.
Agree on all counts except for the part that the Downie deal could be a wash at best. I think we can end up on top, but an awful lot of things has to go right.