View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Chris Stewart is not as physical as TJ Oshie. Come on. He fights but that doesn't relate to the result of the game. He fought in Vancouver and they didn't win. Fighting is ornamental. It doesn't happen in the playoffs either. Oshie is probably the best reverse hitter in the game, or close enough to it that the point is made.

Oshie and Backes are elite defensive forwards in the NHL. Chris Stewart is not. Oshie is consistent; Stewart is hugely streaky and always has been. Consistent >>> streaky. Oshie hustles more, is a better playmaker, is one of the few guys you can count on to generate takeaways and spark offense. Stewart has been much better this year than last (when he was truly atrocious). Oshie is also signed long term to a good deal, and Stewart isn't.
This is basically it.

I understand the argument for keeping Stewart and physicality, but to suggest moving Oshie instead goes against the argument of building a team like the Kings. Just because he is 5'11 or whatever doesn't mean he isn't a very physical player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
What the heck are you talking about? How tall do you think the average NHL player is? I'll tell you, it's about 6'0-6'1. Chris Stewart is 6'2.
You are right, the average height is just over 6'1 and Stewart is 6'2. I had read it that the average height was 6'3.