View Single Post
Old
08-04-2006, 10:12 AM
The CUBE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Hmm. Not sure how to take this one. In Manlow and Baines at least we have credible guys who are above what we had last year with Vandermeer/Paul/Aitken/Barnes. But secretly I was hoping for somebody a little flashier and more able to be a star. These guys are good glue, good middle-of-the-lineup guys (and that's better than bottom-of-the-lineup like we had last year), but still just shy of my ultimate hopes. I like Baines, he's a bit of sparkplug player, something like a Begin-for-the-AHL. But you know, we do have Lapierre, Ferland, Chipchura, Lemieux, Milroy types already in the middle of our lineup, so I'm not sure adding Manlow and Baines to that group was quite our area of greatest need. Flip side, I guess if Kostitsyn, Locke, and Grabovsky are all in Hamilton, they will really get leaned on heavily for the offense now, with no big name veteran to challenge them.
But isn't that what is best for those players?

I mean I'mpretty Bob know;s it. It will give them a change to get quality icetime and leanr the responsabilites of being the TOP 6 forwards. Personally I think that this is the best thing for them and it will simply help their development even more.

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote