View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
I'm shocked there is so much talk about Bennett with a pretty good value on Maata + TK + 1st '13.

Only reason I see the above deal not working for Calgary (other than receiving a better offer) is the Flames org doesnt seem high on Maata they would have taking Seiloff in the draft over him (yeah that sounds crazy and I'm not sure of why either).

I'm not sure why we need a wing prospect over a defenceman either that might just be people hung up on the Dallas trade that brought Iggy we have a very solid prospect pool in net and after that our next brightest spot is on the wing.

Defense is pretty sad with Brodie' graduation everyone else is far far away and stocking up there would be huge. Forwards with size or centres with first line potential is another big hole in the pool and if value is the same those are the groups we should target first.

It makes sense for the pens to hold Bennett as near un-touchable and if Calgary isn't high enough on Maata and Shero isn't willing to sub one of their other young defenseman then the Pens are probably out no sense in whining or dwelling after that.
Ya, good, accurate post.

Being a Pens fan, I know what Flames fans are feeling/thinking. I watched my team sell off their stars (Jagr, Kovy, Straka, Lang) because of Baldwin's ineptness. Many long time Pens fans know the feeling of wanting to get back the best value you can for your stars when your org is rebuilding.

It's a ****** feeling and I don't begrudge Flames fans for wanting Bennett or Morrow, etc. I just don't think Shero sees a desperate need for Iggy. I just can't imagine a scenario where Feaster backs him into a corner and Shero feels forced to give up one of those guys.

I've always liked the Flames since I was a kid and pretended to be Vernon. Then the Flames sent my favorite player, Mullen, to the Pens for a third and I was stoked. It just made me like the Flames even more.

I want to see the Flames do really well with the Iggy trade. I just don't think Shero is your best bet to get back max value.

I really think the best value trade will be for Stemps and I hope Shero jumps all over that.