View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:19 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
I think Miller has played very well for a 19 year old, he's been our best bottom 6 player for a month (though I guess that doesn't say much considering his competition) Can't really expect him to get any points while playing with the offensive black hole known as Boyle.

He skates well enough for the NHL level, has and uses his size well at this level, good playmaker and the #1 thing in my books his how much confidence he has to pull of moves or to try to be creative. He doesn't just dump the puck in every time and chase,or when in the offensive zone he doesnt just wrap the puck around the boards. He looks for plays and tries to create his own.

Wasn't a huge fan when we drafted him, but he shows a lot of potential and that i'm very excited about, in 2-3 years he will be a very good 2nd liner for the team.
Agreed. I'm not seeing the reason for complaint. I was not in favor when he was brought up, but what I see is a player that belongs in the NHL. He is taking it to the opposition more often than not. He showed good offensive creativity when positioned at center - and when placed at wing he's done his best, but his linemates are dragging him down more than the other way around.

I sincerely hope they put him back at center with Krieder on the left for tonight's game. Boyle's been somewhat better over the last couple of games, but the third line has still been nowhere near as effective as it was when it was CK-Miller-Callahan. (And while, yes, that line benefited from Cally's presence, as I recall it was also when he started to finally play well so some of that benefit was reciprocal.)