Thread: Proposal: Philly - Buffalo
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:36 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
The flyers are a team built on youth. Vanek is a much better player at this poin in their careers, but coots is just SO young and has loads of potential. He showed a glimpse of what he's capable of last year and is obviously struggling this season as a sophomore just as a lot of kids who are brought in young do.

I, unlike most flyers fans, am actually not COMPLETELY opposed to trading him. I like him a lot and my belief isn't based on his performance this year, I'm actually not worried about him at all, I have confidence in how good of a player he will be. I just can't help but think how good it may be for us to deal him to address an area of dire need. Especially when we would still have Laughton to fill the 3C spot for the future. That would only include getting a young defenseman with an equally high ceiling in return.

That said, only piece the flyers would likely be interested in from the Sabres in return for couturier is Meyers. It just wouldn't make sense otherwise, and I'm fairly certain that the flyers have no desire to deal couturier, but a player LIKE Meyers is likely what it would take to get homer talking.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote