View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
Not really. Losing teams like the Jackets and Islanders aren't exactly known for their grit and toughness.

It seems like a majority of the top teams in the league have some of these qualities in their players.
On the Jackets, Bull. Their lower two lines have always been full of sandpaper to the neglect of other skills. And it shows. Their announcers have always played up physical play. They always tilted towards big/slow/physical on the blueline. Please. And yes, losing teams always pull out the grit card, especially their announcers. They can't win because they don't have enough skill, but they certainly can punish. Even the Isles loaded up their lower lines with 3 players on the bench at one point that would clearly be classified as AHL enforcers.

Advice. Don't buy the hype on grit, they are selling adrenaline to the junkies. The vicarious thrill. I buy into the teams that sell winning and the real ingredients that go into it, coaching, skill, team play, etc. I get my thrill from watching the process of mixing the real ingredients.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote