View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:52 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
In the Hishon case, the Avs seem to have a list of guys that they really want, and will pick them no matter how far off the board they might be in the media's eyes. I seem to remember the Avs valued ROR really high, around mid 1st in 2009. If they Avs would have had a pick around 15, I think they would have drafted him. It would have been another off the board pick like the Hishon one and people would have freaked out in a similar way. It would have also paid off in the end. I think the scouts have shown they know what they are doing with our drafting. The only real questionable pick IMO was Heard, and that isn't so much about Heard as it is that he was an overager and his ceiling is lower than others that were picked around him. That pick could still very easily prove me wrong.
it wasn't just the Avs. ROR was expected to be a first rounder in his draft year but most. much like with Stastny they were some folks who were stunned he fell to the 2nd.

and we Avs fans were thrilled about him falling and considered him to be a 2nd first rounder. though i doubt any of us thought he'd break camp with the big club as a rookie.