View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I'll just highlight that word. There is a vast difference between guys like Hossa, Oshie, Steen, Landeskog, Alfredsson, etc. and guys like Stewart, Kessel, etc.

Oshie, Steen, Hossa, and other top defensive wingers could float, but they don't and that is what makes good defensive teams great.
Oshie is a far better defensive player than Stewart. I agree. I won't take any of that from him. He also has very good offensive skills right up there with Stewart, but not the finisher that Stewart is. He does an exceptional job keeping his assignment from shooting at will on the point (needs to work on Schwartz...still my beef with him) and is a very effective backchecker ala Steen, Sobotka, Backes, Berglund, Porter, etc. That's my point. We have guys that do that. I don't advocate trading Oshie. I don't think we would ever get the value that he has to the Blues. Stewart would have more trade value based on the assets he brings to the table. I still think the one to move is Perron though. I think you can win a cup with Stewart and Oshie. Perron I just don't know. I don't advocate trading Oshie or Stewart, unless my socks are totally knocked off. Talking trade and making one are two different things.