Thread: TSN 1260: What's going on? Part 3
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Truth Movement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Disagreeing with your opinion constitutes trolling?

Hypothesis? Thesis? This is hockey we are talking about here, not academia. Marc Spector is a professional journalist/analyst/commentator who works for a national network. Lowetide is an ad salesman with a hockey blog and a small but loyal cult like following that you can count on your fingers and toes.

If you have been following along I have given Horcoff credit for his role on the team THIS year. Lowetide and other like minded citizens were pumping Horcoff's tires as a first line center (he is not and rarely ever was), outscorer, and the engine that drives the Oilers for YEARS. Sorry, but that is embarrassing, wrong and should be admitted as such by even the most ardent Lowetide fan.
Disagree with me all you want, I'm just looking at your posting history.

Hypothesis and thesis aren't big words. I'm sure you're capable of keeping up. Giving a guy more credence because he's a professional journalist and not a "blogger sitting in his mom's basement" is exactly the kind of rhetoric that keeps guys like Spector going. Keep it up. Lowetide's small but loyal following has given him the opportunity tobecome one of the more influential voices in the Oilers media market. He was a coveted blogger that was snagged by Oilersnation - which is home to MSM guys like Robin Brownlee, Jason Gregor and Jason Strudwick - because he is good at what he does. He ain't perfect (his Smid fear-mongering is a bit much), but he does what he does with a level of even-handedness and humility that is rare in both the MSM and the blogosphere.

Also, the stuff about Lowetide pumping Horcoff's tires in excess is simply false.