Thread: Speculation: Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
There isn't a professional in the hockey world that would consider Crawford an upgrade over Kipper (despite this season's play). Kipper's past accomplishments, his big save and stealing game ability, all far surpass anything that Crawford is capable of. The fact that Emery has started in 14 games this year should be telling in itself, the Hawks success is a product of great team effort, not Crawford.

This year Crawford has been a top goalie he has been amazing, Kipper might be an upgrade up not worth the 1st + propsect + the increase cap.

The Wings are my dark horse pick to land Lou. Call it a hunch. But they have been known to bring in vet goalies in the past and have success with them. But no, they don't need Kipper however I feel there could be interest there.

It just doesn't make any sense.

That's just it, Halak hasn't found his game. The Blues are contending now so they would be interested in Kipper due to that he is not signed beyond next season.

Sure his 11 games have been bad but they would most likely look for cheaper options like Bishop as they have several big RFA to sign and Kipper's play this year is not an upgrade on Halak. How can you say Kipper's season has been bad but he still has the skill and turn around and say Halak has had a bad start and they can't trust his skill.

Lindback lol? He's been brutal this year. The Bolts have a playoff lineup and he's the reason they have been struggling. He is a project, and if Kipper would play next season that move makes a ton of sense.

How can you say Lindback has been brutal he has been better than Kipper. They are to far back to make a run now no way they give up more than a 2nd for Kipper.

Almost exact same situation as the Bolts. Holtby is gonna be a stud, but Washington could win now and Holtby has been struggling. If Kipper is gonna play next year, I think they would have an extreme amount of interest.

Again Holtby has been better than Kipper how does getting Kipper for a 1st solve anything?

You are talking about the same Leafs that just snapped a 5 game losing streak? The Leafs are desperate to make the playoffs and don't want a repeat of last year. Again, no one in their right mind would consider Reimer or Scrivens an upgrade over Kipper.

Again goaltending has literally been the best part of TO, I would take Reimer over Kipper in a second, this isn't 06 Kipper he isn't the same guy.

I guess the difference between me and you is that I don't consider Kipper's struggles this year as that he is no longer a top tier goalie. Kipper is a world class goalie and everyone knows that.

The difference between you and me is you still see the Vezina winning goalie I see a guy who looks shaky and unsure of his position. He bites on almost every fake, he seems to constantly over commit, and unlike past years he is letting in weak goals consistently. This isn't the elite Kipper, that isn't to say he couldn't find his form but in no way is this current Kipper elite or worth a 1st. The fact that most people would not call him top tier means most see what I see and not what you see.
I am not trying to be a dick, I just don't think you are looking at it objectively, we are past the half way point of the season and Kipper has been one of the worse goalies in the league he doesn't hold a lot of value right now, no one cares what he did several years ago.