View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 01:58 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Oshie is a far better defensive player than Stewart. I agree. I won't take any of that from him. He also has very good offensive skills right up there with Stewart, but not the finisher that Stewart is. He does an exceptional job keeping his assignment from shooting at will on the point (needs to work on Schwartz...still my beef with him) and is a very effective backchecker ala Steen, Sobotka, Backes, Berglund, Porter, etc. That's my point. We have guys that do that. I don't advocate trading Oshie. I don't think we would ever get the value that he has to the Blues. Stewart would have more trade value based on the assets he brings to the table. I still think the one to move is Perron though. I think you can win a cup with Stewart and Oshie. Perron I just don't know. I don't advocate trading Oshie or Stewart, unless my socks are totally knocked off. Talking trade and making one are two different things.
Yeah, Oshie fits our system perfectly, Stewart definitely has a place in it, I just don't see how Perron fits. He doesn't have great chemistry IMO with any of our centers, Backes and Berglund are both better with other wingers on our team. Just about all of our forwards prefer to play a direct north-south game and that's not Perron's game.

I think he is a good player, he just doesn't fit.