Thread: TSN 1260: What's going on? Part 3
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Truth Movement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
Agree with you on Spec though. He does give off a Donald S. Cherry impression from time to time, but MPS is just now developing into what we had hoped he would be when selected.

Up until recently, Spec was right. A soft perimeter player in the bottom six doesn't help, and the other guys in the top six are more skilled.
Like I said, MPS, in his small sample size playing alongside skilled players (from Gagner to Hemsky to even Omark) has enjoyed offensive success. Unfortunately for him, his career was beginning to be defined by his time playing with Belanger. Is MPS a banger? Heavens, no. Put then again, I've heard Spector refer to him as small, which is mathematically incorrect. When the offense wasn't coming for MPS, he was still playing safe hockey. He wasn't bleeding chances against. No one's saying he's the second coming of Horcoff, but I think there have been a few people who saw a player who could fill the Pisani/Dvorak role - savvy, safe and with a touch of skill. Spector was calling for a bottom six of tough guys, offense be damned. I like tough guys and I LOVE agitators, but guys like MPS will be what pushes this team over the top, not more Ben Eagers.