Thread: Player Discussion: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 01:14 PM
petejudge

vCash: 500
Would like to see Miller-Boyle-Kreider as a 3rd line to start out tonight. This move makes a lot of sense honestly, you can drop Pyatt to a 4th line role as he's been pretty bad over the last few weeks.

Yeah, Torts asks for his offensive stars to be defensively responsible, but it's not something that happens overnight. I posted about this earlier in the thread, but CK has been the best player on the ice in every game he's played over the last 5-6 years most likely. The big knock on him while he was at BC was that he seemed like he didn't put in 100% every night while still putting up big numbers and wins, because he was that far ahead of everyone else there. It almost looked like he was bored. Work ethic and defensive responsibility can be learned, look at Gaborik...the guy was a joke defensively his first year here and now while he's not great you see him blocking shots and backchecking. He's not a TOTAL liability.

When Miller and Kreider were up playing together, it was the first time I was happy with the Rangers lineup this entire season. They've been playing too many games with two 4th lines. Kreider and Miller together make the 3rd line an actual threat. Kreider's been playing great hockey in CT and I think he'll be able to translate that here, starting tonight.