View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Devereau

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
Something flashed by my Twitter feed the other day, a speculation that Buffalo and Winnipeg should be swapping Stafford for Burmistrov. Not taking this as a rumor or anything, I just thought it was an interesting suggestion. From what I understand, Winnipeg are pretty well covered at center, am I right? Adding a winger with size and enough skill to be a top 6 player should help them out.

Now, Stafford's numbers aren't exactly impressive this year. He's struggling. I think a change of scenary would do him good. Burmistrov's numbers aren't good either, but of course he's younger and has time to develop. Sabres could use another center to give the team some flexibility and depth.

So is this fair value? Does it need to be sprinkled with picks or prospects? From a Sabres point of view, I'd do it. At this point, Stafford isn't helping the team so taking a shot at a young center seems like a low risk move. From a Winnipeg point of view? I have no idea. But Stafford has the talent and experience to be a nice add on, and at 27 it's not like you're giving up youth for a vet with just a couple of years left in him.
This sounds doable but maybe the jets throw in a draft pick or prospect?

Devereau is offline   Reply With Quote