Thread: Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Noob616

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Hey, it's you who said that since Prust wasn't on the ice for 60 minutes, he shouldn't be missed. Im just using the exact benchmarks you set.

Clearly you cannot understand the importance a single player can have on the team. Or the the impact he have on the opposition by his constant physical play. For you, apparently, the only genuine contribution a player can make I'd through scoring. If we are still winning, we don't miss a certain player!
I don't think anyone would say that the team is better off without Prust, but I feel that as fans we put far too much emphasis on the rah rah grit and toughnessv stuff and not having Prust. If the difference between winning and losing for our team is having or not having Prust in the lineup, there's far bigger problems with the team than a bit of a lack of grit. I love what Prust does and he's been fantastic this year, but the reality is he's a bottom 6 guy (albeit a very good one), and shouldn't be a core reason for us winning or losing games. The lack of Ryder, Bourque, or Diaz is likely more of a problem than the lack of Prust.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote