View Single Post
03-21-2013, 01:38 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Zucker is better than Butch at what? Shooting. Butch is far, far superior at handling the puck and lateral movement. That both fit in with Seto and Cullen is a testament to how good those two have been as much as it is indicative of the good play by both Zucker and Bouchard. I would actually like to see them try zucker on the top line before they monkey around with the second.

Like i said above, i don't think butch will be here next year but you don't trade someone just because otherwise you lose him for nothing. We're not losing him for nothing...If it makes you feel better think of him as a rental we didn't have to give any assets for.
Shooting, Grit, speed, forecheck, back check.

Yes butch has more skill but he also is a perimeter player, he is soft on the puck, he's not great at forechecking at all and is useless anywhere outside the top 6.

Zucker is younger and has more upside to him, at this point in Butch's career he's what he is, Zucker could develop into a nice Parise Jr.

I don't see PMB coming back next year because of lack of role, he doesn't fit in with the team. So trading him and getting an asset back is preferable, since we did fine with out him in the line up.