View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Good call perhaps I should add "is this our time to take the next step"? I didn't mean to imply win it all but the title might make it look that way

edit: ok good suggestion Huff
No worries. It just seemed like sometimes in trade discussions there would be proposals to deal away assets on older vets and or rentals as if the Jets needed to start cashing in some chips at the very first sign of the playoffs. That seems like a very Maple Leaf thing to do.

I do agree with your premise of, "is it our time to take the next step". I think that is also a few people's idea as well in their defense of not dealing away our UFA's. Besides Ladd and Buff, we have next to no playoff experience. Everyone knows that the playoffs are a different beast, but it will do this group a huge amount of good to actually experience that. So that they can come back in subsequent years that much more prepared, hungry, and ready for the reality of the playoffs.

Plus, it may not mean much in actuality, but I think the first time the Jets players play at home during the playoffs it will be a shock. We're pretty loud right now, but the playoffs will be a different experience all together. They will have to learn how to channel that emotion properly.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote