View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Pros and Cons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Actually I think it does, you mean to tell me a guy with a save % of less then .900 is better then Dubnyk and his .918?

It's baffling that people think a Mike Smith who is struggling in a system that promotes weak shots on net with his .900 SPCT would be a better option.

I'll give you the guys that are maybe .905 and higher, but there is still Smith, Nabby, Neurvith, Bryzgalov, Kipper, Quick, Theodore, Halak/Elliot etc.. that are .900 and below. There is no way those guys are better options.

It's stats, but something tells me people don't watch enough of other teams.

The only options i see out there that wouldn't cost the farm that might be better are Hiller and Miller. If you don't want those guys people either need to shut up or not ***** when it costs an arm and a leg to get someone better.
The consensus would say if he played better his stats would improve with that.
His stats are respectable but his gameplay is suspect, the Oilers would be in and ahead on more games if he had beter gameplay. Watch his movement when he is under pressure, he has little fire and gives up, it's that simple. No wonder there were 4 Oiler players last night facing Dubnyk last night in front of the net on the goal that went in of Gagners stick. Why would it be necessary for 4 guys to have there back turned to the other team? Lack of confidence in the goalie in front of them, they certainly were not clearing the crease or reading any plays.

Pros and Cons is offline   Reply With Quote