Thread: TSN 1260: What's going on? Part 3
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Truth Movement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Oh so this has nothing to do with the context of this conversation but is more of a personal shot at myself for no reason other than taking a personal shot?
While I 100% stand by what I said, I sunk to that level. So...redacted.

Quote:
Sorry, but trying to give the appearance of "looking intelligent" by using fancy jargon unrelated to the subject is pretty much a tell that your argument is a bunch of brown bananas.
Well now this is just silly. You don't like my point of view so you resort to "look at this phony intellectual with his purty mouth" grandstanding? Just because I said "Saw him good = hypothesis, stats = thesis," it doesn't automatically mean I'm tap-dancing over an unfounded argument. Here's how it works:
"Boy, that guy really looks like a good player out there. Oh look, his underlying fancy stats (Corsi, Fenwick, shots, WOWY, +/-) are also very impressive. Therefore, he is a good player."

Quote:
In the scope of things, Lowetide is a nobody.
Sure, but then what does that say about your opinion? Or mine. Well, actually, by your thinking, my thinking is more legitimate than yours seeing as how I'm a journalist with MSM hockey writing credentials.
While I am those things, I don't believe that my opinion is more valid than yours and neither do you. The same rule applies for Mark Spector. Sure, he's a real live journalist, but that doesn't give his opnion any more cache than mine or yours or Lowetide's.

Quote:
Absolute nonsense. From the outscoring phenomena to the need for a third line center to take the load off of Horcoff dogma to my personal favourite- the on ice save percentage theory is reason for Horcoff's team leading minus numbers...........its been a steady stream of poo and nonsense for years on the subject of Horcoff. Years. Plural. Literally.
OK OK. Lowetide has said positive things about Horcoff during times when the Edmonton faithful saw him good enough to want to run him out of town. You don't like Horcoff (obviously, since you keep bringing him up). You don't like fancy stats Nancy boys like Lowetide (a nobody). Spector, who I do find eminently listenable, is your guy. That's cool. I think he frequently comes off as ill-informed or like he's simply not paying attention. Then again, what do I know. I thought MPS was a legitimate hockey player last season and I think Horcoff is still integral to this team. I'm the crazy one.