View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:35 PM
TorstenFrings
confirmed pessimist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nally View Post
Okay, I keep seeing Kennedy being thrown into these proposals. Don't get me wrong, I have him in my keeper league (wish I didn't). Isn't it widely known that he basically has a negative value right now? Or is that the point of him being included?

If I was Calgary, I would want nothing to do with TK, at least not in a trade for Iginla. Wouldn't Calgary waaaaay rather have a 2nd to TK?
I'm sure Calgary has some plug they can put in there instead of trading for one.

Is TK addition by subtraction for the Pens?
I don't think he has negative value. He is a overpaid, but to the tune of 2m (of which the majority would be paid by the deadline) and is an RFA in the summer, so if you have trouble with the decreasing cap, he comes off the books like that.
He doesn't absolutely have to go for the Pens, so if it's a dealbreaker just leave him off.

It would help getting his roster spot cleared and I don't see why Calgary would refuse a warm body back, especially if the plan to deal Stempniak as well, but if Calgary considers him negative value, I'd be fine with just keeping him for depth scoring. Waive Glass and be done with it. Wouldn't really add anything in lieu of TK though. Maybe Jeffrey or a 4th or something. Or, well, you can gave Glass.