View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
That Steckel trade annoys me. We have had pathetic centre depth all season long. And a big body quick draw machine can be had for peanuts when we could have really used him and he goes instead to a serious Stanley Cup contender. Oh well, we can just throw Smyth and Petrell out there and pray.

Last nights lineup just kicked our centre depth issue right in the junk. Its inexcusable at this level.
Given our situation at centre, that seems like the one trade that Tambellini may have missed out on considering the price, but so did 27 other GM's.

I'm not going to vilify him for that one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
While on that, um, topic, I think that no-trade clauses have become somewhat of a disease. The cap has already crippled GM's and their ability to make trades and yet they've been handing out NTC's like candy since 05/06.

I won't deny the last sentence. The Oil Kings have reignited my enjoyment of the sport but on an NHL level, yeah, it's become a bad habit. A vice.

A little from column A, a little from column B.
It's hard to argue that point.

GM's do hand these NTC's out like they're going out of style that's for sure, and I really believe this is the biggest reason we see so little trades involving bigger names happening. They all have NTC's

I think you'd see WAY more moves taking place if there weren't so many of them. It really limits the market.