View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktos View Post
Not certain but I think Granlund was even more hyped. He was going to be above ppg and even if everything went wrong his downside would be a better Pierre-Marc Bouchard. His lack of speed and explosiveness wasn't supposed to be an issue because he can dictate the pace of the game lol. He's a joke and can't even crack the Wild roster.

IMO Barkov can become a 60-70 point two-way center and nothing more. People expecting another Finnish superstar are beyond mad.
I stopped reading after the bolded part. You're talking about a 21-year old and calling him a joke is typical talk by a Finn who's "known all along he's going to fail".

I agree that thomast does have a tendency to overhype some Finnish prospects (mainly Barkov), but what you're saying here is too harsh to be taken seriously.

-------

Now, about tonight's game, which I saw: In the 1st period he seemed nervous and made several mistakes on even strength, but the 1st PP assist in the end of the period really boosted his self-confidence. After that shift he took a faceoff and fought for the puck like Mikko Koivu sometimes does when it's a particularly important faceoff. He picked up in the 2nd period where he'd left off in the 1st and no longer seemed to be afraid of contact or going into corners.

He could hold his own out there although there was quite a bit of contact. It seemed that he got a cut on his earlobe from a stick at one point, but returned to the game soon after. He still wasn't particularly physical, but showed the signs of aggressiveness and fearlessness while battling for the puck in a tight spot, which is what I've personally wanted to see more from him.