View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I think our defense prospects are better than many think. Plus it's not a position we need right now in the NHL. Of the NHL regulars Wideman is the oldest and just turned 30 yesterday, Giordano and Bouwmeester are 29 and then Butler is 26 and Brodie 22. Breen is probably the only legit prospect on the farm team but I believe he is NHL ready as well. However I do believe Wotherspoon, Seiloff, Ramage, Kulak and Culkin as there is a good mix of shutdown, physical and puck moving defensemen (4 of whom could be full-time AHLers next year) make a good base for the system, of course none have #1 potential, but I think with the ages of the NHLers we have we can keep that search going for longer. Where as the forward need IMO is more glaring and more immediate, especially at center.

What is with this GMJF or GMRS stuff? Are people really so lazy they can't type Shero or Feaster? The extra character or 3 isn't going to break your fingers.
Thank you for the answer. I probably saw all those D prospects besides Wotherspoon (and Brodie who isn't a prospect anymore) differently, but it makes sense then to prefer Boston. PIT really has no top center prospects to give.