View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 04:19 PM
stlflamesfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Could not care less. Saku Koivu is still my favorite player and he could win the cup with Toronto or Boston and I would be absolutely elated to see it happen. Way I see it, if we're Iginla's best shot at a cup, Flames should be happy for him and relish a chance to forever tell us "you only won a cup cause we helped you."

Suppose it's just me but that is when I put the rivalries aside. My favorite player winning it all means more.
If for some reason Iginla thought Vancouver would be his best shot at the cup, then fine but I do not see it this year. It would still be odd to see Iginla in any other jersey, let alone a Canuck jersey. A deal with the Canucks would have to be done very carefully as to make sure the Calgary fans do not completely give up on management. The deal would HAVE to make Canuck fans feel upset about losing certain prospects for me to be alright with it. I get Kassian is off limits, but believe they would have to add something significantly more to make the deal happen.