Thread: TSN 1260: What's going on? Part 3
View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Truth Movement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Bunk is bunk. Corsi, fenwick, PDO, etc is just that. Not fit for rational consumption. A hammer made out of feathers, while looking impressive and given a fancy name like Quill Mallet is impressive to some perhaps, but in the end is utterly useless.
By whose standards are these stats useless? I don't think they tell the whole story, but are they simply bunk because you say they're bunk? You make your statements like they're hard facts. Do you have some authority on this, is your ego that big or are you just trolling?

Quote:
You were the one bashing Spector, while at the same time heaping praise on Lowetide. Not me. I took issue with your (imo) misleading characterization of Spector's position on Paajarvi (what was the date of those tweets btw?), along with your characterization of Lowetide as the "best" Oilerblogger/radio guy/whatever. Neither were particularly truthful which is ironic considering your pseudonym.

Im sure Spector would be amused/impressed to see a real live journalist slagging him from behind a facade.
Spector's Tweets were taken from March 1 after MPS was bunched following a very strong game in Chicago and on March 4 following the Mike Brown trade. They are taken from two different days, but both in the context of the same ongoing conversation (Gregor also chimes in with some inanity if you care to look it up), No need to call them into question. Go ahead and verify if you think I'm lying. I listened to his show today and Spector even admitted that he was wrong on MPS. All I'm saying is that he's wrong a lot. This is just the most recent example.

Lowetide ain't perfect, but I'm comfortable saying that his blog is, to me, the best in the Oilogosphere (stats-based, but not pedantic or overly reactionary). Also, as a host I find him very genial, natural and well-spoken. I like other guys too. But Lowetide's is the only one I'll make an effort to catch.

My point about being a media guy was not to say how great I am (I'm not), but just to say that credentials don't exactly buy you authority. I'm small stakes, so my name on here is not a means of protecting my career or anything, but I also wouldn't be the first media guy taking aim at another in the area. That scene has a ****-ton of infighting, a criticism for which Mark Spector is not immune.

Quote:
Do you have any examples of this in your "posting history"?

You are making assumptions. I like Horcoff. I liked Horcoff when he broke into the league. I like what he brings to the table in his role now. What I always took issue with were the feeble attempts to portray him as something he was not and the arrogance displayed towards those who were not "enlightened".

I do not dislike Lowetide. I think he has a real knack for writing. I rarely agree with his opinions. To each their own.

Spector is pretty good overall. Much better than the infomercial down the dial.
No, I don't post here a tonne. Nor do I post on Lowetide much or Copper & Blue or anywhere else.
Like I said, I don't hate Spector as a personality (despite the recent weird anti-Euro stuff), he just leaves me wanting as an analyst.