View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:38 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
He's a 4th line player, most fanbases hate on the 4th liners when their actual team and their actual coach doesn't show up. Look at all the hate Moen and Armdog get, even though they're only tiny pieces of the puzzle.

I think Lapierre would thrive in Montreal with some responsibilities, he's not a bad hockey player by any means. And the Canucks are the sorriest bunch of losers I've ever seen, their fans are even worse.
Now now... I think they've got some inside on Lapierre play that we just don't have. Plus, it's not like if the situation was completely new to anyone. For long stretches, we could see Lapierre being completely useless on the ice, playing uninspired hockey, and refusing to play physical. In fact, it happened quite often. This is why we ended up dealing him away for scraps.

He's doing the same thing all over again in Vancouver now. There's a reason why, as you say, the Canucks are "the sorriest bunch of losers" you've ever seen. And a guy like Lapierre is one of the factors why.

Sure, he looks like the toy you don't have right now. He looks better than he actually is, we miss the good he COULD bring to this team. But Lapierre's inconsistency and refusal to get involved game in and game out has always, and still is an issue with him.