View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 03:40 PM
stlflamesfan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
I personally don't believe that Iginla would ever be dealt to the Canucks. His value in a trade is limited by the fact that he's a rental, and not a young one at that, and his game is clearly on the downside. Given that value, I can't believe that you could get a significantly better deal from the Canucks than you would from another team, and that's why I don't see him going to Vancouver.

But I think Flames fans need to give up the notion they'll get a significant asset for Iginla from any team. Just never happens with rental players. From the Canucks the best asset they'd give up IMO is Gaunce - and that's an asset that other teams can easily match, making it very unlikely the Flames would ship him to Vancouver. I don't think that guys like Kassian or Hansen would ever be considered in a deal for a rental... I doubt even Jensen would be included in such a deal.

Just look at the comparable deals for rental players. That's what Iginla is likely to return.

My guess is that if he's dealt (a huge if), it's to an Eastern team. Pittsburgh would be my guess... assets like Maata and a 1st seem logical here. The Pens have a solid cupboard of talented defense prospects and I could easily see them shipping one out for a guy like Iginla. Bennett however is a pipedream IMO.
This is what I am trying to say.... I get not wanting to give up certain prospects for him. I would personally be fine with Maata+1st+Kennedy (or other roster player to move salary if needed). I am not asking for the moon, but if he went to Canucks it would have to equal that package and another good prospect. Even then I am doubting he would get traded to the Canucks... I am wondering if the Canucks are on the list just to try to drive up the price more so than anything.