View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
teams shoot against us...from every where and anywhere. This is because no opponents feel they have to work for their premium chance. When you play against DD you just fire from anywhere and know he will have problems.

I blame him for the high shots against. I love how i watch other teams and every save is smothered, rebounds are controlled, no softies every night, not seeing 2 goalposts ring out with no response from the goalie.

This will continue to be a failure team. Islanders of the late 90s folks.

The team infront of him isnt what makes him look like a beached whale... he is infact a beached whale. Pay attention to how he manages pucks. He simply doesnt. He looks like he doesnt know how to stop shots or has any feel to where it is. Big difference in team confidence watching Roli- CUJO- and then watching Dubie. Khabi played in front of the same defence...

Half of me hopes that i wake up one morning and DUbie is being shipped out for Markstrom and Luongo went to FLA. The other half of me sees us in draft Lotto again and Tambi getting fired.
Thank you for posting this.

Absolutely agreed. I'm seeing the most cynical of shots taken against Dubnyk. Guys specifically shooting from anywhere because they know theres a chance. Probably resisting laughter.

I'll reveal this as well. If I'm an NHL player anywhere I keep taking shots on Dubnyk. But switch it up as well. Bang one off the endboards that'll careen in front of the net. Dubs will **** his pants 9 times out of 10. Literally has no idea what to do with this situation. mainly due to him being inept at anticipating anything out of the ordinary, and being even worse trying to handle the puck to save the day.

Theres many things Roli could do in his sleep that Dubs will never likely do.

My take on Dubs is a player that has had endless quality coaching but which partially conceals that his decision making ability and thinking the game independently is poor. One sees a lot of technique, but not properly utilized. Not properly honed. I suspect its back to the drawing board often with this player.

I keep saying this. Watch Jonathon Quick, then watch Dubnyk play. Watch it in the same night. You'll see night and day.

For instance. Watch Quick with a puck around the net. He's confident and composed because he knows what to do in that situation and LEANS FORWARD to remove top shelf from a shooter. This is what somebody with brains does. Watch Dubs in the same situation. He sinks into the cage and makes himself small. No goalie coach in the world teaches that. Its all his wrong instincts.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote