Old
03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
McCupofOil
McJesus Has Risen!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Duh on my end. thanks.

But seriously. A raw rookie like Yak in 4 on 4 action?

I love Yak, don't get me wrong, but he wanders a lot and doesn't yet have the head for this nature of play against an exploiting vet team like the sharks. Good vet teams tend to play 4 on 4 better than youth.
SJ and Detroit particularly put on a clinic. I don't know that I want Yak out for that. Also, no goals were scored in that 11mins. Lets be clear here, theres 1000 posts on the board blaming the loss specifically on coaching and line management, in a shoot out loss...

Fact of the matter is we were largely running pad lines when the 2 GA happened to tie the game.

I'm just trying to offer a different perspective on this one.
San Jose didn't put on a clinic, there was absolutely nothing to be scared of. That was a team ripe for a beating and the Oilers let them off the hook by backing off and allowing them back in the game.

Yakupov had the most energetic shift of any Oiler with 6 minutes left in the 3rd, helps to somewhat tlit the ice back towards the Oilers then Krueger plans to play the hell out of a plug like Smyth (who contributed strongly to the game tying goal) who was also dead tired and staple Yakupov to the bench for the last 11 minutes of the game. Where's the logic in that? How could you possibly defend that?
Yakupov did nothing to earn being benched besides being 19 years old while who were struggling continued to get opportunity to score a go ahead goal and why, because they are older? Again, where's the logic in that?

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote