View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
But like Rin said, the last time we saw Yak in OT was early February. Basically a month and a half ago.

I think it's pretty clear Yak has improved leaps and bounds since then. He's almost eliminated those jaw-droppingly weird giveaways.

Why not give him a shot?

And I realize no goals were scored against in those 11 minutes, but we didn't score any either. All while arguably the most talented player on the team is glued to the bench by Krueger's choosing.
Yep, again I love the player. I never even thought of the OT tbh honest as my instinct would be not to start a rook in 5 minute OT. But people have expressed their point well and I'm taking it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
San Jose didn't put on a clinic, there was absolutely nothing to be scared of. That was a team ripe for a beating and the Oilers let them off the hook by backing off and allowing them back in the game.

Yakupov had the most energetic shift of any Oiler with 6 minutes left in the 3rd, helps to somewhat tlit the ice back towards the Oilers then Krueger plans to play the hell out of a plug like Smyth (who contributed strongly to the game tying goal) who was also dead tired and staple Yakupov to the bench for the last 11 minutes of the game. Where's the logic in that? How could you possibly defend that?
Yakupov did nothing to earn being benched besides being 19 years old while who were struggling continued to get opportunity to score a go ahead goal and why, because they are older? Again, where's the logic in that?
I really enjoyed the energy in that shift and specifically the physical nature of it and "I'm not backing down" nature to it. Also like that he evaded retribution on the shift, and then layed somebody else out..

I love this kid. So yeah, I can see your guys angle better now, thanks for the discussion all of you.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote