View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 07:01 PM
dubplatepressure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
He'd be a solid 1b kind of #1 C, very capable of making smart plays(similar to what Kadri does I'd say). He's also solid at faceoffs.

Bozak is an offensive black hole who is not a playmaker at all, he makes some DECENT plays but reminds of everything that a 3rd line C is, okay at defense, good at faceoffs, okay at offense. Badly need an upgrade there.

Then we need a top 4 dman because we are making some stupid plays on defense.

After we do that we can finally judge our goaltending i'd say, can't blame the goalie THAT much if we're leaving him out to dry, although the goaltending has been pretty average lately.
Good point made here - our tending has just been as good as the players in front of him. They keep us in the game when our players are playing, but we have to play to keep the puck out of our net.

It's astounding how many goals we let in once we stop staking for periods of time; the final 8 minutes in Tampa, 18 minutes of the 2nd period against Winnipeg, the 3rd period against Pittsburgh... I could keep going.

Am I wrong in thinking that maybe the reason why Elliot's numbers were so good was because St Louis was at least putting in more complete games last year? Or is he actually that wretched so far this year? Unless he's basically free, I'm not at all sold on him over Reim/Scrivens.